Our filters are used for engine oil, air, fuel, hydraulic and coolant needs. Having a good filter is imperative for the quality of your product.
What makes good, quality filters in Sarasota? Look at the filter and notice the following:
- Spin-on threads should be cleanly cut and rolled and free of debris
- Shell or filter end caps should be free of dents
- There should be no visible cuts or tears in the filter media, gaskets or seals
- All gaskets and seals should be firmly attached to the filter unless otherwise specified separately
- All unattached gaskets and seals that are needed to complete filter service should be included in the package
- The end caps should be firmly attached to the filter
- The filter should be packaged in such a way as to keep it clean before use
Baldwin filters are tested and designed to meet all regulations of the OE Requirements for the application and performance for our customers.
What are some sources of contamination with filters in Sarasota? Filters are designed to withstand contamination and to give your product a longer lasting lifespan. Contamination can come from several sources:
- Ingested: Ingested contaminants come from outside the engine. One of the most common contaminants comes from liquids being added to the systems.
- Built-In: Built-In contaminants are left behind by the building of the engine and its parts. An example of these are metal, sand, and dirt.
- Created: Created contaminants are created when moving engine parts cause minute pieces to break off and enter the air or fluid stream.
While some contamination is inevitable, the damage caused by it is not. Using a quality filter helps prevent and protect your engine and investment from future damage and destruction.Buy Your Filter Online Now